Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Not a Psycho... Right?

I think I'm starting to scare my mom.

In the past 4 days, I've talked about my future wedding at least once a day. It's not like I plan on getting married anytime soon; I have zero prospects! It's just because of all the wedding business I've been a part of. I've thought of who I'd want to invite, what I'd do for my dance, centerpieces and even ideas for engagement photos. I feel like I'm turning into one of those psycho girls who starts fantasizing about marrying a guy after one date with him! And I'm not even interested in anyone.

But still, it's kinda fun to think of stuff for your wedding. And really, thinking about it now saves me from having to come up with it all at once when I actually do get married.

Aw, what the heck, I'll let you guys in on what I've come up with so far:

- I think I want a fall wedding. Because I think my colors would be red, orange and yellow. ooh, or maybe red and brown. Those could make some sweet invitations.

- For my engagement photos, I think I want them taken on the high level bridge here in Lethbridge. Me and a friend took some pictures on them a couple years ago and they looked pretty cool.

*note, I didn't take the photo. My friend Molly did.

- I want to learn to do a Tongan dance for my wedding. That'd be so cool! All my cousins have done them...

- I'd want a small bridal party. Around 2 or 3 girls.

- I would not do a receiving line! If people want to see me, they can do it at the head table.

- I don't want to invite my entire Tongan side. Not because I don't want them there! But it's because there's a lot of them. And I've only met like, half of them. So I'll invite the half that I know.

That's about all I've got so far. I've tried to stop myself from planning too much for it. Like I said, I don't plan on getting married any time soon! My target age is 26...

Feb 27 - EDIT:
I've thought of some more ideas for my future wedding (I know, I'm lame), so I thought I'd add them here.

- I'll give everyone in my wedding party disposable cameras to take pictures throughout the day. Then I'll get all the cameras developed and make a sweet wedding album.

1 comment:

  1. GA! i tryed for the no line thing....and all my aunts were going crazy! "you musttt, thats how you thank everyone!"

    .....ah.... i dont wanna... but i have to.... oh welllll.
    -Cora

    p.s. yes, you are going nuts :P

    ReplyDelete