Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Aloha and Mahalo!

Family Home Evening last night was a success! I may even be so bold as to say it was a huge success. I am so grateful for the people that were willing to help with set-up and cooking and cleaning. I don't know how many of them will read this, but if they do: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I could not have done it without you. I will also be sure to extend my gratitude beyond the spheres of the internet and actually thank these folks in person. I also loved it when people came up to me afterward and told me that they had a lot of fun. It feels good to be appreciated!

I guess I should share what we did last night for those who don't go to Vic Park. We had a luau! I've been wanting to do one ever since I got called to be an FHE Ma, and I finally did it! I (along with some wonderful helping hands) cooked a ton of polynesian food and everyone ate while they watched Johnny Lingo. Then when everyone was done eating, I had some old friends of the family come out and do a couple dances. The girls were taught how to do Pearly Shells and the guys learned the world-famous Haka. It was so much fun. And everyone actually helped to clean up too! (Hooray! Less work for me!)

Today was a good day. I had to go over to Tim's house this morning at 6:30 so I could get the kids up and get them to school. Even though it's super early, I don't mind it; I love mornings. My visiting teachers also came to visit me before institute and we had a good ol' chat; I love them :) My favorite part of the day was when I walked home from Tim's house rather than get a ride. I live on the far north part of town and they live on the south side. We're about 15 blocks apart and I walked it in 35 minutes! I mapped out my route on google maps and they said it would take 38 minutes. I can beat google!

Ooh, and something else that made my day: I was listening to CKUA and they reunited me with a song that I haven't heard in ages! It was on a Zellers commercial some years ago, and I always loved it but never found out the name of it. Now I know. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment