Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let's See How I Did...

With today being the last day of January, I thought I'd write a little something to recap my month and let you know how I'm doing with my resolutions.

1. Write a journal entry at least once a week.

- I think this one's pretty easy to tell how I'm doing on. This is the thirteenth entry I've written in one month!

2. Find a job.

- I wanted to have found one by the end of January and I did! Except I don't start til February (tomorrow). I've got a nannying job for a guy named Tim. I worked for him last year and his kids didn't drive me totally insane, so I thought I'd give it another go. I've also been told that Chapters is hiring, so I might check that out for something to do during the daytime.

3. Get my license.

- Okay I don't have it yet, but I have been driving around a lot lately and I've set a goal to get it within the next few weeks. This past month I've come across so many times when I could have just taken the van out to do what I want, but with my lack of license, they were all no goes.

4. Work out 2-3 times a week.

- Without a gym membership, I couldn't see myself lasting very long on this one and I was right! But my mom recently bought a coupon book with one for a free month of an introductory gym membership for her and a friend. So maybe next month will be better...

5. Stop gossiping.

- Surprise, surprise, I'm still gossiping. But I don't think I've been gossiping as much as I used to. I've still got some secrets about some people that are locked up inside of me. I haven't even told anyone about my unofficially engaged friend! Except my mom. And one other girl, but that was for a really good reason, I swear! And besides, I told her not to tell anyone, so we're good, right?

So besides dropping the ball on three of my 5 resolutions, I'd say this month was pretty good. I started playing my violin again, I started going to Institute, I went to Utah, I learned how to play a song on the piano, I donated blood yesterday and I hung out with Cassandra for the first time since we last hung out in November. And I got my visiting teaching done! Yay!

Next month looks promising. I start nannying again, I've got some awesome FHE activities planned and there's even a wedding to go to with Suitman! (Not the one I'm in, that's not til July)

2 comments:

  1. You play violin?! That is so classy. Now that you've let the secret slip out, I picture you playing violin for the ward. You look good, Nani. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I hope not! The last time I played my violin in a church setting was at a baptism and I could see a little boy in the front cover his ears when I hit a high note!

    ReplyDelete