Wednesday, January 13, 2010

At Least I Look Good

I am so jealous of boys. They don't realise how easy they have life. When a guy has to get ready for a formal evening, all he has to do is shave, run a comb through his hair and throw on a suit. The longest I can see this taking is an hour. Whereas, for me, an hour is the smallest amount of time it will take me. I may not speak for all girls, but when I get ready for a formal event, it can take a whole afternoon if I have the time - and I consider myself pretty low maintenance! There are a million things to do to get ready: I shower, I shave, I do my hair, I moisturize, I pick a dress, I do my makeup, and I accessorize.

On Saturday I went to a formal dinner with my buddy, Suitman. Suitman owns a suit; therefore, he is eligible to accompany me to any function that requires formal wear (namely weddings). This weekend was different though, because he invited me when it is usually the other way around. It took me a good 2 and a half hours to get ready, which is pretty good considering the dress I'd chosen to wear:

Sure, it may look nice and make me look pretty good, but that thing is a huge pain-in-the-rump to get into! In the back it's got corset ties to do up and there is no way that I could ever do it myself. My mother was at a basketball game while I was getting ready, so I had to call a friend from down the street to do up my dress! Luckily, suitman was a little late in picking me up, so I had the chance to do some last minute adjustments to my look. I asked him how long it took him to get ready and he said half an hour! That's 20% of the time it took for me to get ready!

Oh, the joys of being a girl.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I feel your pain girl I feel your pain :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Did you see my poll box?? Just got it up! Cast a vote!

    ReplyDelete