Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh... Hello, Again.

This week I've started going to my new insititute classes, hooray! Taking a semester off has left me spending more time at home than I would like, so the new reason to go out is quite welcome. I've also got my cousin coming out to institute; Bishop would be proud. Today, we were on the southside and I made the awkward discovery that the last guy I had a major crush on is in my institute class. Joy...... I'm just grateful that the encounter wasn't made more awkward with the presence of his wife.

Allow me to elaborate: I really liked this boy. A lot. We met in October of 2008. I took him to Preference in November and by December, I'd say we were pretty tight. I thought that he was into me too when he came to my house after my knee surgery to keep me company. I realized I was wrong when I walked in to a party to see him on the couch cuddling with his new girlfriend. I was livid. Both of his closest friends knew that I really liked him, so I would imgaine that they had passed the message along. I guess it doesn't mean a guy likes you when he constantly flirts with you and does anything you ask of him. Whatever. I talked to him about us on Facebook a few days after the party, and he said, "I thought we were just friends". BULL!! Like I said before, two of his closest friends knew that I liked him because I told them. I'm pretty sure that he knew as well. Needless to say, Just Friends and I were not as close as before in the months to follow. When he got engaged in March I was just glad that it meant he would be out of my ward come July. And I haven't seen him since that summer. That is, until today.

1 comment:

  1. Should you post this on the world wide web young grasshopper? :P
    -Cora.

    p.s. When are you leaving. please sent me a facebook message :P

    ReplyDelete