Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No Point in Trying

For those of you who don't know, Lethbridge gets the worst winds EVER. No matter how nicely you style your hair in the morning, the moment you walk out the door and into the 100km/hr wind, all your hard work goes to waste. You may as well roll out of bed with your hair all a-tangle and walk outside to let the wind style it for you. Either way, you get the same look as if you'd actually tried to do something with it before. At the University, you can tell who lives in rez on a windy day because they are the only ones with decent hair (unless they'd just rolled out of bed with ther hair all a-tangle).

Are you sick of me complaining? Sorry. Just one more and I'll be done: I don't like St. Patrick's day. Not to bash Ireland or the history behind the tradition, but I just don't like the colour green. I will wear green because it looks good on me, but that is the only tolerance I have for it. Why should green be so special? I think it's discrimination against the other colours if you ask me. AND, you don't even get a day off school for it. What kind of holiday is that???

Anyway, I wanted to try something new with my blog by doing a weekly segment. I'm not sure what I want to call it, so I think I'll have you folks vote. Here are your options: Wordy Wednesday, Wordly Wednesday, or Wordsy Wednesday. So leave a comment and let me know! I'll have made a decision by the next segment.*

As you might be able to tell by the name, I want to talk about words. The kind that we don't use anymore, to be exact. Today's word is: Bodacious. As in, "You are one bodacious babe."**

This word popped into my head this morning and I thought to myself, Why has that gone out of style? It is such an awesome word!

So I've done a little research and here's what I've found:

- Most experts believe it was created by combining "bold" and "audacious"
- It was used mostly in the 80's and 90's
- It can have multiple meanings, such as remarkable, courageous or audacious
- It can be used to describe a good looking guy or girl

Until I blog again, have a bodacious time!




* -Since this is my blog, if I don't like what you choose, I'm picking one on my own :P

** -500 points to whoever can tell me the movie that quote is from!

3 comments:

  1. OH ME ME ME!!! Ferngully!!!!! ;)

    and... I vote Wordilicious ;p jk... if you want one of those... I like Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Patty's suggestion. And for the rest see my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wacky word wednesday? hah. or whatever word wednesday. or we want weal (like "real" but with a speech impediment) words wednesday. then it's almost as if you're petitioning for better vocabularies.

    okay fine, I'll pick one. I also vote for wordy.
    :)

    ps. I knew the movie quote too but Patty beat me to it. daaaggg yo.

    ReplyDelete