Sunday, March 14, 2010

Brotherly (and Sisterly) Love

I have an announcement to make, Ahem:

Me and my brothers are idiots.

Usually I reserve the title of idiot for my brothers only, but I am now including myself in that category. I pity my mother when she has to take us out in public.

Allow me to introduce the bros:

The oldest of the two is TiJ. 17, moody, easily bored, sarcastic beyond belief. He is usually the instigator and also the scapegoat. He's a good kid though.

The younger is called Keanu. 14, goofy, mischievous, lots of energy. Like my father, you can't believe a single word he says. He's a good kid though.

When we are teamed together, someone usually gets hurt. Or we break something. The usual target of our antics is our youngest sister, Maile. If we weren't able to get such good reactions out of her, we would probably never bother her.

Maile is the most dramatic 9 year old you will ever meet. She's also a reeeaaaalllly good actress. All of her teachers and leaders love her to bits saying that she's such a good little girl. I have no idea how she can switch from psycho, demon-child to sweet little girl, but she does. I bet she's got a potion like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and we're all stuck with Hyde-Maile at home while everybody else gets to meet Jekyll-Maile.

Even though my siblings are all a bunch of misfits, I must say I love them. They definitely make life interesting. And just think, in 17 day's time, we will be spending 24/7 together in a foreign country with relatives crazier than we are. Let's hope Australia has insurance...

No comments:

Post a Comment