Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Can Bat My Eyes and Get What I Want

The other night, I was talking with a buddy and we somehow got onto the topic of flirts and flirting. After some prodding, he told me that he and a few other guys had talked and said that they thought I was a flirt.

Me? A flirt?? A couple years ago I didn't even know how to flirt! He tried to reassure me by saying, "It's not a bad thing!", but still... A flirt? I was reeling from the fact that I have reached "flirt status" in the opinions of some of the guys of my ward.

Which only makes me shake my head at the inability of men to tell the difference between being friendly and flirting. I hate it when a guy gets all sketchy when I simply acknowledge their presence. The other night I was finally introduced to a guy that I have heard so much about. Apparently, we are practically the same person, except of different genders. After all the hype and excitement, I must say that the introduction was rather a let-down.

Friend: "Leinani! This is him!"
Me: "Oh, hi. You must be Graham."
My boy twin: "Erm, this is awkward. I've already heard so much about you."
Me: "Haha, yeah me too."
My boy twin: turns to my friend, messes up her hair, then runs away.

It was nice to meet you too, pal . . . I don't act like that, do I?

2 comments:

  1. Nah I wouldn't say that, your just friendly. If friendly is flirting then I'm a big flirt too. I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're a flirt, I don't want to even guess what they think I am.

    ReplyDelete