Friday, March 26, 2010

I May Have Been Holding Out On You

My good friend Denise, bless her soul, is such a good storyteller. When she opens her mouth to tell a story, people gather round to listen - literally. Whenever we see each other, she always asks me if I have any good stories to tell and every time, I shake my head sadly and tell her I don't.

Folks, let me share with you a secret about me: I am the kind of person that plays my cards close to the chest. When there is something happening in my life (and when I say "something" it ususally means boys), I usually tell it to a non-objective third party with no personal interest in the matter. That way, I can get the advice I need, but still have peace of mind that my problem will not be advertised to the world (as problems tend to be in any YSA community). So in other words, the more involved you are in my life, the less I tell you about it. Unless I just don't like you.

Last night, I found my non-objective third party. I was at a get together at Superpa's house and confided in Pirate Steve(PS). I totally didn't mean to. In fact, I nearly confided in Superpa while we had fort-talk, but he had to cut it off short. I was ready to leave with my coat in hand when PS and I just started chatting. First we chatted about hot girls, then sports and then fighting in sports (seriously, I am such a man). Before I knew it, everyone else was gone except for me. After I'd finished telling him about some rugby story of mine, I looked at the clock and realised I had to go. But then, Superpa comes out to say goodbye and tells me to tell PS all about my boy stories. I was slightly embarassed and assured PS that there were no boy stories to tell because the boys around here just suck that much. But then PS reminded me that he was leaving in the morning to go back to Saskatchewan and wouldn't see anyone until he was off his mission. Realising the opportunity I had to ask him something I'd had on my mind earlier, I took it.

The other night, I was texting a friend trying to make plans to hang out before I left for Australia. This friend is a boy. And I haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I like this boy. I may as well give him an alias since I've given all the other boys in this blog an alias as well. We shall call him... Plausible. Since it is plausible that I may like him - and because I feel like watching Mythbusters right now. Anyway, after a bit of texting back and forth, we came to the sad realization that we both have some busy schedules for the next week, and that we'll have to wait till I'm back to hang out. And you know what Plausible's reply was?

Plausible: "Awe, I would wait forever for you."
Me: "Well isn't that just the sweetest thing :)"
Plausible: "Only for you."

I stopped texting him after that because I wasn't entirely sure if he was joking and I wasn't entirely sure how to respond (And just so it doesn't seem like I'm desperate for him to have meant what he said, this is not the first time he's said stuff like this. It's only natural that I would want to know right?). So last night I asked PS if it would have been lame if I'd asked Plausible if he really meant it. Then PS called me out and said that I must like this boy, becuase otherwise I wouldn't have wondered if he were serious. Anyway, PS said it wouldn't have been lame if I'd asked him then and it wouldn't even be lame if I asked him now. And then - here's the kicker - PS told me that Plausible most likely did mean it because PS has used the same tactic before.

GAH!!! BOYS ARE STUPID! I mean, who says exactly what's on their mind? What kind of game is that? I wonder if they use this tactic in the hopes that maybe the girl will try to clarify if they were being serious and if she does, then he can come out and express his true, undying love for her. But you see, a girl is afraid to clarify because she's afraid that he wasn't being serious and then she would look like she is totally desperate and is not the kind of girl that you can joke around with.

Arghghhh, I don't even know if I am making sense anymore. I'm too tired to think about it. But congrats, my blogging friends, I now consider you to be a non-objective third party with no personal interest in the matter. Isn't that great? Now it means you could get more blog entries from me just as long as this one rambling on about some stupid boy problem. But hopefully they'll be juicy enough to quell your anger.


I quoted a movie and a TV show. 500 points/quote if you can tell me what the quote was and where it is from.

3 comments:

  1. SHES THE MAN!!! YESsssSSsssSs!!
    i totaly wanted to watch that the other night. :P
    but im in the middle of Dexter season 2!! !EKKK!!
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Nani boys are lame. But I'm glad you have an interest at least one of us should. Stay Happy and exactly the way you are :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Well now I'm embarrassed!

    I knew you were holding out on good stories!!

    ReplyDelete