Monday, February 6, 2012

Sorry, wrong number

Okay, story time.

This is one of things that you'd totally read about in the embarrassing story sections of all the teen magazines you used to read. Except Johnny doesn't get embarrassed over anything. Oh and this story happened to Johnny. Not me. Cause I'd never make such a silly mistake (pfft, okay I might be lying).

Anyway, on to the story...

As you know, Johnny works out of town a lot. So we'll often start the day off right by sending a text to each other in the morning. You know just the standard, "I love you, have a good day <3 xoxo". But sometimes we'll get creative and come up with barfy pet names for each other like cuddle monkey, snuggle bear, pookie bean, etc. and throw those in there. Aaaand we may or may not have had an I-love-you war via text once. But you get the picture.

Well, this morning Johnny must have been feeling particularly barftastic because he sent me quite the barfalicious text. It was super cute and made me smile and giggle and all that girly stuff you see on the chick flicks. However, not only did he send the text to me, but he sent it to his boss as well. Have I mentioned that he works on the rigs?

So you can imagine the reaction. The boss bursts out laughing (luckily, Johnny was right there when he sent it - oops!) and shows it to all the other guys. Now they're all calling him "love monkey" over the radios and having a real hoot about it.

Of all the texts meant for me that he could have sent to his boss, it had to be this one. Don't get me wrong, it was totally cute. But to anyone else it's just funny.

The only story that might top that would be one where your best friend's wife accidentally sends you a text that reads, "I'm ovulating! You need to come home now!"

But I'll save that for another post ;)


1 comment: