Sunday, February 12, 2012

News Flash

Has anyone watched the news lately? Have you noticed how it only ever talks about tragedies, disasters, politics and the weather with a small segment about how someone's dog saving their life.

I was watching the news tonight with my parents and I could only handle the depressing stories for 15 minutes before I walked out. I just wasn't in the mood for it.

So here is my response. A list of 10 awesome things off the top of my head. Ready, go:

10. Sneezing. Who doesn't love a good sneeze every once in a while? It always feels so rejuvenating. Unless you're sick and all you ever do is sneeze - then it gets old.

9. Fuzzy slippers, One of the ultimate symbols of comfort - these are great for a chilly day in the house.

8. Stuff that kids say. Whether you own them or not, they come up with the cutest things. Just watch the video. Precious.

7. A good hair day. Lately I've fallen into a rut of ponytails and french braids because I rarely have the time to tame my crazy curls, but every once in a while my hair decides to look good on it's own so I can leave it down. Thanks, hair!

6. Finding someone you know (and like) on the bus. Bus rides can be pretty awkward sometimes with the amount of weirdos characters you can find. But every once in a while there's an old friend there who you are generally happy to see and catch up with to make your bus ride a little more enjoyable.

5. Old couples who "still got it". My grandparents are the epitome of this one. It is the sweetest thing to see them my gramma tease my grampa only to turn around and give him a big hug and a poke to show she still loves him. And they still hold hands! Precious. That'll totally be me and Johnny in 50 years.

4. Having milk in the fridge when you've got a fresh batch of cookies. I just made a batch for my family, but when I brought it over they were out of milk! Talk about a let down!

3. Adjustment. Getting married and moving into a new family ward are some pretty big changes, but I think I'm starting to adjust. I feel like I'm making a place for myself at church and I feel like I'm learning to cope with Johnny's work schedule as a wife.

2. Princess and the Frog. Yes, the new one by Disney. I just absolutely love how Tiana and Naveen fall in love. Precious. And I'll tell you a secret - the song Ray sings about Evangeline melts my heart every time and I felt like Johnny saw me the way Ray sees Evangeline. I've always secretly hoped he'd sing that song for me. AND! Tiana and Naveen's love story reminds me of mine and Johnny's - like Tiana, I've got a lot of big dreams and Johnny only wants to help me make them come true. Gah, I could gush forever, but I won't.

1. Sundays. It's a day of rest where I get to go to church and feel the spirit and then hang out with family and have dinner with them. Two of the best things in life combine on Sunday. Awesome.

** I wonder how many of you will watch the videos I posted... 
because I gushed. =3
courtesy of: http://altaira7vn.deviantart.com/art/Ray-and-Evangeline-191448997 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Cute vid - cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list...especially the comment on whether you own kids of not x)

    NO MILK?!?! Terrible...

    Sorry I can't listen to the videos now, later!

    ReplyDelete