Thursday, February 23, 2012

between the batches

before i get too deep into this entry, you should know - i'm eating cookie dough while i type; hence i type with one hand; hence the lack of capitals. also, i am baking cookies - be jealous.

want to know something stupid i did? of course you do, why else do you read my blog?

johnny went back to work yesterday, but before he left he had to go to ama to renew his car registration. since he was taking me to my parents' house, i came along to ama. as we were getting out of the car, johnny had to rummage in the glovebox to get his insurance out. as he rummaged he found my wallet in there and offered for me to take it. i declined because i didn't need it to accompany him to ama, so i told him i'd get it out of the car when we got to my parents' house.

guess what happened.

i never took my wallet out of the glovebox.

so it ended up travelling with johnny all the way to his sister's house where he stayed the night. his sister lives 6 hours away.

i had a minor panic attack when i realized what had happened. without my wallet, there are a lot of things i can't do. my debit card is in my wallet - without my debit card, i can't buy anything. my credit card is in my wallet too - without my credit card, i can't buy anything online. without my driver's license i can't drive or get into any clubs or bars (because i go there so often... not). without my school id i can't print any assignments or get into the gym. without my bus pass i can't get to school unless i borrow a vehicle from my parents' which i can't drive anyway because i don't have my license.

do you see the problem?

luckily, it's reading week so i don't have school. and i'm staying at my parents' house for a couple of days while they're in calgary. so really, this was the best time for me to have left my wallet in johnny's car. and now i won't do it again because i've learned my lesson.

so this morning johnny left the wallet at his sister's house and because she is an awesome sister-in-law, she sent it off right away. soon i will be reunited with my wallet and life will be peachy.

the end.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahah! I would totally do that. I forget where my wallet is ALLLLL the time. But yes, sad...quite tragic really. But it could've been worse. His vehicle could've exploded with your wallet in there (and him not...lets not make it too tragic...)

    ReplyDelete