Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Got It From My Mama

Oh dear. I am a horrible, horrible daughter. My mother's birthday is today and I haven't gotten her anything!! And to make matters worse, Mother's Day is tomorrow and I don't have anything for that either! D= You may as well just give me the worst daughter of the year award and get it over with.

My mom is awesome. She is so calm and laid back compared to my dad - compared to most people actually. I guess that's why he married her. She balances out his Tongan temper. While my dad raised me and my brothers with an iron fist (I can't say the same for my sister), mom gave us the gentle guidance that allowed us to become more than just fearfully obedient followers. She is a humble and gracious woman and taught me how to be sensible, trustworthy, calm, patient, reliable, grateful, honest, understanding, and through her example taught me how to be a faithful member of the church. She has given me so much and has asked for so little in return. I don't know how I will ever repay her.

Maybe when she's older, I'll put her in the nicest old folk's home money can buy; as long as it's within my budget...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, man. Don't put her in any old folk's home, no matter how nice it seems. People live miserable lives in there. I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice that you'd put me in the best old folks home money could buy...cuz I deserve it, right? Love you, Nani...you're my ray of light in a darkened room cuz I can always depend on you no matter what!! Thanks for the kind words. Love you! I don't need a present when I get a nice spot on your page!

    ReplyDelete