Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cake

Thank goodness, day 9 is an easy one.

I have loved chocolate chip cake since I was a kid. I have it for every birthday and I even served it to my guests at my wedding. My mom didn't want to have it at the wedding because it wasn't fancy enough, but this cake is so dear to me that it is the one thing I may have went a little Bridezilla over. If a chocolate chip cookie and a cake had a baby, this cake would be that baby.
I found this picture online. Don't know if it's the same recipe, but this is how it should look. 
Ingredients
1/2 c  shortening (or margarine)
1 c  brown sugar
2 well beaten eggs
2 c  flour
2 3/4  tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp  salt
1 1/4 c  milk
2 tsp  vanilla
1 c  chocolate chips

Oven: 350 F

Cream shortening. Add sugar and blend well. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla and chocolate chips. Put into a greased and floured 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.

As for icing, I don't like icing so I've never had icing with this cake. But it is yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Well these look delicious!

    I've never had...but now I want!

    ReplyDelete