Friday, September 27, 2013

Be nice to me or I'll dance on your grave!

It's random fact about me day!  

I may or may not have unintentionally danced on someone's grave. I never knew the person to whom the grave belonged to, so it was nothing personal. But still, it happened. I felt bad about it but still laughed at myself because who actually dances on people's graves??
Here's the story:

One summer, many years ago, I was invited by a not-so-close-but-close-enough-to-say-hi-to-in-the-hallway friend to come play night games with him and a bunch of other kids in the local cemetery. I had spent several summers in my childhood playing night games before, so when he asked me to come out, it was a no brainer to say "YES!"

We all arrived at the cemetery in the late evening just as the sun was setting. While we waited for it to get darker, me and another girl decided to explore and check out the graves of the cemetery. We went around reading the headstones and learning what kind of people were buried there. We came to one headstone and when we read the name, something about it sounded like something you would hear in a song so we started singing their name to a funky beat. Inevitably, I started dancing to the beats we were putting out. When I stopped my friend laughed and said "You just danced on that guy's grave!"

I immediately apologized to the deceased individual and promptly got off their grave. We laughed about the situation for a moment and then joined the rest of the group to start the night games. The rest of the night was pretty fun, and don't worry, I haven't been haunted by the angry spirit of that grave!

No comments:

Post a Comment