Tuesday, September 3, 2013

10 Awesome Things

Finally! Day 10 of my super-awesome, totally creative 10 day blogging challenge! Be sure to check out the original post to make sure you didn't miss a single day.

And now on to day 10's post:

10 Things That Made My Summer Awesome
1. Muskoseepi Park. 

I discovered this park within my first week there and I loved it. There are awesome trails all over the place and tons of areas to explore. I can't wait to do all sorts of fun things in the park when I'm there next year.
2.  My summer job. Even though I wasn't being paid to be at the clinic, the things I learned there made it so worth my while. I learned that physiotherapy is what I want to do. I learned that the human body is so cool and I learned that I love people.

3. Joe. Are you even surprised he made this list? Of course not. This summer we got a taste of what it's like to be a normal married couple that see each other almost every day. And we loved it. We're a little sad to go back to long-distance life, but we'll manage.

4. GP Rugby. I can't believe I was even debating whether or not I'd play with the club in GP. The people I met there became my main social group and I had lots of fun with them. Can't wait to come back!

5. In-laws. Living up in GP brought us within three hours of Joe's family and I'm so glad for the time we spent with them. I feel bad for people who don't like their in-laws because I love mine :)

6. Cooking. I hate cooking when it's just for me so having Joe home on a more consistent basis gave me plenty of opportunities to put my cooking skills to the test. And I'd say I passed! I had fun trying new recipes and perfecting old ones. Housewifery definitely suits me.

7. My Housemates. I'd be ungrateful if I didn't give these guys a shout out for opening their home to me and Joe for the summer. Two couples sharing a home isn't always easy, but we had some good memories and I certainly hope to see them again when we come back.

8. Edmonton trips. Okay, half the time Joe and I went to Edmonton this summer it was usually not for a good reason. But our trips would have been 10 times more miserable if it hadn't have been for our good friends Becky and Justin. These guys gave us a place to stay on several occasions and we are forever grateful to them!

9. Video Calls. I am so grateful that we have magical things like the internet to keep us connected to our loved ones. I wasn't too mopey about missing my family, but it was sure nice to be able to see them once in a while and share all the exciting things going on in our lives face to face.

From a call I had with my mom where we discovered the fun things to do in google hangouts
10. Mila. This is probably silly, but she was a dog my housemates were looking after and I'm pretty sure we loved playing with her more than they did. But she was awesome. 

1 comment: