Monday, August 26, 2013

My greatest fear



I know I've shared my fear of caterpillars on the blog before. They are disgusting creatures that make me gag just thinking about them. I also have a slight fear of the dark, but that is more due to the scary movies my friends have made me watch over the years (you know who you are!). I also get really weird when it comes to fake gun fights. Water guns, nerf guns, laser tag, Halo... Anything where people are shooting at me (life threatening or not) causes me more anxiety than the average participant. I'm also a really jumpy person in general so it is really easy to startle me. Like, ridiculously easy. As in, so-easy-a-loud-and-well-timed-sneeze-can-scare-me easy. 

However, none of these "fears" have a great impact on my everyday life. Unless I move to a dark place inhabited by caterpillars where pretend gun fights happen every time someone makes a loud sneeze, then I may have something to worry about. Until then, my life is relatively unaffected by my fears. 

I suppose there is one fear-like quality that affects the way I do things and that is my fear of hurting myself. That doesn't mean I'm afraid of everything and therefore live my life in a bubble. It just means that I am way less likely to do stupid stunts or have fun according to some people. 

Flips on a trampoline? Never tried them. 

Dirt biking? Um, no. If you can type in the words "dirt bike" into the search bar on youtube and "dirt bike fails" is at the top of the suggestions list, then mayyybe that sport isn't such a good idea.  

Licking a metal pole in the middle of a Canadian winter? I've seen A Christmas Story, I know how that triple dog dare goes down! 

Sometimes I wish I was less worried about getting myself killed or breaking my neck so I'd try more things and end up looking like one of those cool kids doing all those cool tricks. But at the end of the day when the back flips flop, the bikes crash and the tongues freeze, I can rest easy knowing that I didn't have to try it for myself to know those are all bad ideas!  

What are your biggest fears? Have you been following my Super-Awesome, Totally Creative 10 Day Blogging Challenge? Has this been the greatest blogging challenge so far or what?

1 comment:

  1. Caterpillar's are horrible. That picture definitely is.
    I'm not really scared of the dark itself...I'm scared of the things I can't seen in the dark (like the monsters and murderers...).

    I'm risky sometimes...but generally, I play it pretty safe as well ;)

    ReplyDelete