Friday, August 2, 2013

Because you want to know everything about me

Oh boy, what a treat! 26 facts about me that you may or may not already know!

I was tagged by the lovely Trudy from Trudy Talk, so to be a good friend I've filled it out and passed it on! Enjoy. If you would like to do one for yourself you can find the blank answers on Trudy's post because I am too lazy to copy and paste it again for you here.

A. Attached or Single?
I am not single, but I don't want to say I'm attached because it makes it sound like I have a conjoined twin.   

B. Best Friend?
As corny as it sounds, my husband is my best friend. But I also think it's important for a girl to have at least one girlfriend that she can confide in and I am lucky enough to have several lovely ladies to be there for me. :)

C. Cake or Pie?
Cake. All the way. Though I will not say no to a slice of apple pie if you offer it.

D. Day of Choice?
Wednesday. Or Sunday. Sunday is best because it is my day to go to church and sing and be with family and rest. I don't really know why I love Wednesdays, but I just do. I think it might be because growing up, there was always something happening on Wednesdays whether it was Brownies, orchestra, mutual or rugby games; but now my Wednesdays are more quiet and it's perfect because now my other days are filled with things to do. 

E. Essential Item?
Hair ties. My hair is always getting in my face so it's important for me to get it out of the way when I need to. 

F. Favourite Colour?
Generally anything from the warmer side of the colour wheel can make me happy, so reds and oranges and yellows. 

G. Gummy Bears or Worms?
Gummy bears! Cause then you can bite their heads off. 

H. Home Town?
I was born in Kahuku, Hawaii but raised in Lethbridge, Alberta. 

I. Favorite Indulgence?
Cookie dough. And not the store bought kind either. I have to make it myself so I can feel like a rebel for not cooking it. 

J. January or July?
July. But if I lived in the southern hemisphere I would love January because I just want to be warm. 

K. Kids?
Yes, I want them. No, not yet. 

L. Life isn't complete without?
Sun. Love. Laughter. (I just found the title for my autobiography)

M. Marriage Date?
August 16th, 2011. 

N. Number of brothers/sisters?
2 brothers, 1 sister, all younger

O. Oranges or Apples?
I enjoy the taste and crunch of apples more than oranges, but apples always leave me hungrier than I was before I ate them :(

P. Phobias?
Caterpillars. 

Q. Quotes?

Favourite funny quote: "You see, beneath the clothes, you'll find a man and beneath the man you'll find his - nucleus." -Nacho Libre
Favourite inspirational quote: "I can do hard things" -Susan W. Tanner - when I went to Young Women's encampment in 2006 she spoke to us and shared this motto with us. It started out as her motto, but it became mine and I still remember it whenever I am presented with a difficult task. It's amazing what we can get through if we have the right attitude.

R. Reasons to Smile?

Sunshine, nature, corny jokes, Joe and cookie dough. 

S. Season of Choice?

Summer

T. Tag 5 People.

You're it. 

U. Unknown fact about me?

When I was a kid, my parents subscribed to the kids version of National Geographic and so we got a bunch of really cool things like magazines and books and episodes of Really Wild Animals that taught me all sorts of things about the animal kingdom. So I know a lot of useless facts about a lot of random animals like the lyrebird that lives in Australia and can imitate anything from other birds to chainsaws. 

V. Vegetable?

Broccoli! They're so easy to prepare and I make a fantastic cheese sauce to go along with them. 

W. Worst Habit?

I procrastinate so bad. I've been trying to be better, but I am still horrible. 

X. X-ray or Ultrasound?

Ultrasound! I've only had a couple Xrays, but I've never been able to see the results. Going for an ultrasound was super cool because I got to see my ribs and my muscles and my lumpy breast tissue. (I am not pregnant, I just have lumpy boobs and a family history of breast cancer so I get to have regular check ups! Yay!)

Y. Your Favourite Food?

I hate this question because it's hard to pick a favourite when you love everything so I'm going to change the question. 
Y. Yes or no, do you like ponies? Why or why not?
Yes I loooove ponies! I love them because they are pretty and I can ride them and make them go really fast and sometimes it feels like I'm going to fall off, but I don't and so it's a big adrenaline rush. Plus they're related to unicorns, so what's not to love?

Z. Zodiac Sign
This question is also lame, but I will answer it because I don't want to have to come up with something else that starts with a Z. I am a libra according to Western astrology, and my chinese zodiac is the horse which may explain my affinity for ponies. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm impressed :) I hoped you'd do it!
    Mmm cookie dough :D! And so long as you're not baking with me, right? ;)
    Apples make you more hungry because you're not doing it right...need to use them to shovel the nut butter in!
    I love that quote from Nacho x)
    I didn't know there was a kids version of National Geographic...
    You need to share you cheese sauce making powers with me! I always use those stupid packs...

    Good day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have you know that I tried the whole "chilling the cookie dough" thing and I found that it does indeed make the cookies puffier. But it didn't change the taste, so it's not worth it for me.

      This is true about the apples. I have used them as vehicles for lovely things such as peanut butter and nutella, and that has solved the hungry problem.

      The cheese sauce is ridiculously easy. I had to follow the recipe for the first time I made it and ever since then I've been doing it freestyle! Maybe I'll blog about it one day...

      Delete