Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A week without my shoes...

Day 4: If you could spend a week in someone else's shoes, who would it be and why? 

For real:
If I had to choose anyone in history to be for a week I think I'd like to be my one of my grandparents back when they were my age. I've heard lots of stories from my white grandparents and I would love to see what Canada was like back in their time. My gramma Joan was raised on a farm in Foam Lake, Saskatchewan and my grampa Chuck was raised in Parry Sound, Ontario surrounded by the best swimming holes in the country. I would especially love to see how they met because I've always heard stories about it. 

I think it would also be way cool to see what it was like for my brown grandparents too. I don't really know much about their histories because I haven't been able to spend a lot time with them and the language barrier makes it hard to really communicate. So I think if I were to be my grampa Vili or gramma Mele I would want to the gift of tongues to be part of the package. They both grew up in Tonga on the main island of Tongatapu (I assume.... I don't really know!) so I would love to see what the island life was like for them. 

For fun:
Okay this may sound weird but you know the centaur girls from Fantasia? I really love the entire fantasia movie but this was my favourite part of it. I loved it so much that my mom had written on the box the time it began in the movie so she could fast forward right to it when I wanted it. (You know, back in the day when scene select wasn't an option)   

credit.
Anyway, in the second part of the piece they bring in the lady centaurs and I loooove them. The blue one was my absolute favourite. I love, love, looooved her long tail with the flowers in it. If we were pretending to be horses, I'd always be her. So if I spend a week in the shoes (or hooves in this case) of any fictional character of my choice, it would be the blue centaurette from Fantasia. Why? Because it would literally fulfil my childhood dreams of being a centaur. 

credit.

1 comment: