Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time Flies

Boo! :(

Why does that have to be true? My awesome vacation is nearly at an end, but I still feel as though we've just got here (except for the fact that I am noticeably browner). We leave for Tonga in two days and then four days after that we leave for Canada. I have missed my friends, but I'd much rather be here missing them than home missing my family. Not that I'm not used to goodbyes by now. We had to say goodbye to our family in New Zealand when we left there and we had to say goodbye to our family in Brisbane when we came back to Sydney. It's just really gonna suck when we have to say goodbye to the Sydney clan. But let's get off this depressing note so I can tell you what I did today...

I went shopping :) It was just me and the bros. I never thought that I'd go on a shopping trip with my brothers, but I guess anything is possible in the land down under. Dad gave us 50$ to add to what we already had before we left and we spent it all at the mall. Yay. In one shop I was chatting with the clerk and when he found out I was Canadian, he got all jealous and said, "I bet you go skiing and snowboarding all the time!". I got a little embarrassed and told him that I've never been. The only winter sport I've done is toboganning - if that counts. He couldn't believe that I live in Canada and I have never been skiing or snowboarding. And that got me thinking: why haven't I ever hit the slopes? It's just like some of the people around here. Me and my family have been out sightseeing and doing things that the locals have never done. I suppose it's because they live here and can do it whenever they want. That's the same mentality a lot of people have, isn't it?

So with that being said, I would like to make a goal for myself. While I am still young and my body is still healthy, I would like to go skiing. Or snowboarding. Either! I had the opportunity to go with some buddies back in December but I didn't take it because I thought I'd kill myself. If I ever get the chance to go again, I'm taking it. You only live once after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey kiddo!!
    ok ahem first I know how you feel I haven't seen mine since last aug (family i mean) and secondly I will definitely go snowboarding with you. we'll see how badly i biff it again. Ahhhhh the joys of the slopes. later gator

    ReplyDelete