Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Bundle

Tuesday, April 13, 9:36pm

Howdy! Boy I've missed you guys. I'm still having an awesome time in Australia and I am now tanned enough that if we were to suddenly cut our trip short, I would be fine with it. Sort of. Much has happened since my last post and can only be described with photos. So here you are:

Day 6 - April 6: Hospitals and Downtown

We visited Maile in the hospital before starting our adventures. She was released later that night.

On our way home from Bondi Beach we stopped at the Sydney Football Stadium.We found a statue to play with.

Day 7 - April 7: Chillin
I spent most of the day at my cousin Kalo's house. She has the cutest siblings.

Day 8 - April 8: Sydney Harbour

We took the train out to Sydney Harbour and spent the day there. It was sweet. Here's me at the Opera House.

The Harbour Bridge just before we left.

Day 9 - April 9: Fun in the Sun

We went to Coogee beach with the cousins and had lots of fun. Here's about one tenth (maybe less) of my cousins on the Tongan side.

Day 10 - April 10: Woolongong

This day I was a total failure. I took one picture this day and it was a very unflattering photo of yours truly. So I will just tell you about this day instead. We went to a city/town/suburb called Woolongong where my cousin Mina and Uncle Pila treated us to lunch. Afterward we went to the Woolongong beach and I got tossed by some of the roughest waves I've ever met. My mom got photos that day so I might be able to show you once we get them off her camera later.

Day 11 - April 11: Kiama

Another fail. Sorry folks, I forgot to pack my camera around that day. But I took some pictures with my mom's camera which you'll be able to see once we get them off it. We had stayed the night at out cousin Mina's and that afternoon we drove south to the town of Kiama. I really liked it there and thought it had lots of character. We finally had our first fish and chips there and they were delicious!

Day 12 - April 12: A Cruise and a Rugby Match All in One Day

We met up with my Auntie Mina at Sydney Harbour and she took us on a mini-cruise where we had a buffet lunch along with a tour of the harbour. Here are a few of us that were there. And if you look closely you can see my tanlines! :D

That evening we went to a rugby Match to watch the Parramatta Eels play the Canberra Raiders. Here's my family enjoying the game. (The eels lost but it was still lots of fun.)

I haven't had a chance to upload the photos I took today, but I went shopping with my cousin Kalo and Hulu and my brother TiJ. It was lots of fun and I found some awesome bargains. Woot woot! We also saw Clash of the Titans and it was really good (it better have been because we paid $80 for admission! D=)

The plan for tomorrow is that we're going back to Bondi beach and there's a rumour that we might go see the Easter show in the evening. Apparently it's lots of fun. From what I've heard from my cousins, it's kind of like going to Whoop Up Days or the Calgary Stampede. Either way, we'll have a good day. Til next time, take care!

2 comments:

  1. very nice Leinani. And I'm glad that Maile is doing well and your having fun. And as for those tan lines I'm slightly jealous. Ok I'm very jealous but in any case mine will eventually come.....eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Maile haha. And ugh... I'm jealous that I'm not there. It's freaking snowing which is obscenely outrageous. >:|

    ReplyDelete