Friday, June 7, 2013

Sweet dreams

Last night Joe and I went to the cineplex for a movie and to our great delight they were selling lemonade. One of the reasons we hate going to cineplex is because they have bad popcorn and terrible drinks to go with their popcorn. But we love lemonade.

However, the guy helping us filled our cup halfway with ice so we actually got hardly any lemonade. I calmly asked him if we were going to be able to get a refill when we finished it but the boy told me the cineplex does not give refills. Now I am not a girl who likes confrontation, but I snapped. It's been too long since I have been in a movie with a delicious glass of lemonade so I laid into this boy telling him that he'd better give us a proper cup of lemonade or he was gonna feel some pain. The boy apologized and told us that it was policy to give that much ice with their lemonade.

Fed up, I yanked the half full cup of lemonade from the boy and dumped the ice and then filled the cup all the way to the top with the heavenly juice. The boy started yelling and called for security so I ran down the hall towards my movie dodging security guards and movie lines, all without spilling my drink. I got into the theatre and quickly found a seat to hunker down while I hid from the authorities and enjoyed my movie.

I don't even know what movie it was, but my biggest disappointment was that I woke up before I could have a sip of my dang lemonade.

1 comment: