Monday, June 24, 2013

Storytime

I finished up early at the clinic today so little J hung around me when I got home asking me to tell stories of princes and princesses. Once I used up all my disney material, I had start getting creative with my stories. I was pretty proud of myself for on-the-spot creativity so I thought I'd share my stories with you.

The Fairy Princess Finds New Friends
Once upon a time there was a fairy princess who couldn't fly. All the other fairies in the kingdom could fly so they made fun of her because she was different. One day the princess got fed up so she ran away until she couldn't run anymore and went to sleep. When she woke up she discovered she was in a land with no kingdom. She met new fairies who didn't care that she couldn't fly so they made a new kingdom that was better than the old one because they didn't make fun of fairies for things they couldn't do and they lived happily ever after. The end.

Moral of the story? If you're friends are jerks, find new friends!

The Royal Children and Their Rabbit
Once upon a time there were a brother and a sister named Jon and Rebecca. Their parents were the king and queen so that made them the prince and princess. Jon and Rebecca also had a pet rabbit that could talk and his name was Stefano. One day Stefano took the kids on an adventure that brought them to a dark corner of the kingdom that their parents had warned them not to go to. Jon and Rebecca told Stefano they should head back but he wouldn't let them so they killed the rabbit and cooked him in a stew and went home. Then they got a pet gerbil that couldn't talk and they lived happily ever after. The end.

And the moral of the story, children, is that you should do what you know is right.

The Princess Who Didn't Marry
Once upon a time there was a princess who really wanted to get married but was sick of the the dumb princes that took her out. So one day she decided to move to a different kingdom with different princes. But all those princes were dumb too so she decided to go out into the world and do her own thing. She travelled and had lots of grand adventures and learned how to take care of herself. The princess met lots of princes on her travels but none of them were right for her. The princess never married, but she was happy because he had plenty of friends who loved her and so she lived happily ever after. The end.

Moral of the story? Have the confidence to know that you are awesome and can do things on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment