Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meow

Now that I'm living in GP I've been sharing my house with two cats. I am not a cat person in any way so getting used to living with cats has probably been the biggest adjustment through this whole experience.

Here are a few of my thoughts regarding cats:

1. They leave hair everywhere. And they have this nasty habit of rubbing up against your leg which makes your pants hairy.

2. Why do they feel the need to scratch things? There's a couch in this house that the cats have made their scratching post and it's like they can't walk by the couch without having to stop and scratch it.

3. They are sooooo lazy. Joe and I are the only ones in the house for the week and yesterday when I went to work the two cats were chillin on the couch. When I got home they were still there! No wonder they're fat.

4. Sometimes they will just randomly run across the room for no reason. And at night I'll hear the strangest noises coming from wherever they are. They're up to something, I know it...

5. Seriously, what is with the scratching? How am I supposed to like cats if I know they will claw the crap out of any furniture I might own? Are you allowed to beat them for something like that like you would a dog?

6. Since the cats spend of their day sleeping, does that mean they don't sleep at night? For a couple days in a row I've noticed my hair ties sitting on the stairs near my bedroom when I know they were in the bathroom the night before. I swear, they're up to something...

Even though I'm not a huge fan of living with cats, at least I have gained appreciation for this video.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! Oh man. The sad cat diaries are hilarious!


    1. Yes, George is a big shedder! We have to furminate him twice a week.

    2. I don't entirely know. I know it's to sharpen their claws....I don't know why else.

    3. Yes, they spend most of the day sleeping for sure.

    4. It is hopeless to try to understand...

    5. They don't understand if you beat them. (know from experience). We've decided we need to get a spray bottle.

    6. Well...they still sleep at night, but they seem to prefer the day so they can terrorize at night.

    ReplyDelete