Thursday, March 22, 2012

All Talk and No Walk (down the aisle, that is!)

Okay, maybe it's just cause I'm Mormon that I don't understand, but help me out with something...

I don't get how people can get engaged... and not set a date! 

I once talked to a girl who'd just gotten engaged and I asked, "So when's the wedding!"
Her response: "Um... I don't know. We haven't really set a date yet. It'll be in the next 5 years at least."

Excuse me? The NEXT 5 YEARS? Getting married isn't like getting a degree. It doesn't take 5 years to plan a wedding! If you know you want to be married to someone, marry them!

Being engaged without a date for the wedding is like making a vague new year's resolution. It's not gonna happen if you don't have a plan! Mind you, that's not the case for everyone. But still - gah! C'mon people, get your crap together!

The only Disney princess I can think of who didn't marry her sweetheart right away was Jasmine. At the end of the first movie it looks like they've gotten married, but then they make a second movie and surprise! Aladdin and Jasmine still aren't married. And then in the third movie it opens on the day of their wedding and you think "At last! They're finally getting married!" But nope, Al's dad crashes the party with the 40 thieves and the next thing you know, Aladdin is off on another adventure - without Jasmine. They do eventually find their happily ever after and finally get married at the end though (oops, hope I didn't spoil that for anyone).



No comments:

Post a Comment