Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thank goodness we weren't being robbed

My, my, my, September has certainly flown by. I had such a good start to the month with all the posts I was making, but then hit a bit of a slouch. My bad.

Things are going well. I just had Johnny home for a week and now he's back to work. It's so nice to have him at home, even though I skip studying at school to spend time with him, it is so worth it. Oh my goodness, I never told you about how he surprised me!

H'okay, so:
Johnny wasn't suppposed to get home last week until Friday, which really stunk because that's when us rugby girls had to go to BC for some games and we wouldn't get back til Sunday night (we won both our games, by the way). So I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get to see my husband until Sunday night and we would end up only having two and a half days together because he had to leave for work on Wednesday.

BUT!
Johnny surprised me by coming home on Wednesday instead so we had that night and all of Thursday before I had to leave and then we had all of Monday and Tuesday together as well as Wednesday morning. (follow me so far?)

So I got home after practice last Wednesday and I see that the light in our place is on and I could hear someone doing something in the kitchen so my first thought is that someone has broken in and stealing our stuff and it was up to me to beat them down and save the day. I quickly rummaged in my bag and got out the first thing I thought to use as a weapon: my rugby boot. With my stinky shoe in hand I slowly opened the door only to find that the burglar had cleaned my kitchen table and set it for dinner. As I put my bag down in the entry way and stepped into the kitchen, I found Johnny at the stove making dinner as if he'd been doing it our whole married life. A wave of relief, confusion, joy, anger and embarrassment flooded through me. Relief for the fact that we weren't being robbed, confusion for not knowing how Johnny pulled it off, joy because my husband was home and anger because my husband tricked me and came home before I got a chance to clean the house for him, hence the embarrassment as well.

Do you know what the first thing I did when I saw him? I smacked him on the arm and scolded him for tricking me. Then I gave him a hug and a kiss and thanked him for dinner and for tricking me. Then we sat down together and had a lovely dinner of perogie supreme (perogies, hamburger meat, sour cream and salsa).

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment