Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pet Peeve #2

This is the second pet peeve I've talked about on the blog. The first was about white gold vs yellow gold.

Today's pet peeve is about people who can't figure out directions. 

These are the people who you invite to your party via facebook with an address posted and everything and they still ask, "How do I get there??" (I seriously need to start vlogging because the voice that goes along with this question is so important to the peeve because that is how you sound in my head!)

If you are one of these people, please keep reading because I am going to tell you how to eradicate that stupid question. 

The reason I hate when people ask for directions is because today we have a magical invention called google maps. If you want to know how to get anywhere, all you do is simply type in your beginning address and the end address and poof! Google tells you exactly how to get there. 

For those of you who may be computer illiterate, I am going to show how to get directions using google maps. 

Step 1: make your way over to google.ca (if the picture is too small to see, click on it to make it bigger)

Google was lookin fancy today for Bram Stoker's 165th b-day.  If your google doesn't look like this, it's okay! Just make sure it says google and you're good. :)
Step 2: type in [place you are] to [place you want to be].

See? You're so close to getting your directions!
Step 3: Click on the "Driving Directions" link and BAM! You've got your own set of directions along with a map for you visual learners out there!

Holy crap! You can get anywhere now!
You can do this for local directions too. Check it out:

Directions to Pizza Hut? Yes please :D

Now that I've educated you, hopefully you can be more independent and find your way anywhere. I just opened up the world to you! You're welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. I 'Like' this. Facebook style. Google has saved my life on many occasions. I prefer a little map to peoples directions anyways. Another handy thing...phones :D

    ReplyDelete