Saturday, November 10, 2012

Babies: planning vs fever

Johnny thinks I got the baby fever and he thinks I got it bad.

I would have to disagree with him.

He only thinks I have baby fever because I keep coming up with random baby names and asking him what he thinks of them. For me, this is nothing new. I've been thinking up baby names since I was 12, what girl hasn't??

Last week in my Women and Health class we learned about childbirth and I decided that I wanted to try to have a home birth. Johnny fought me on this saying that something could go wrong and I could die or the baby could die if we weren't in the hospital. Which is exactly what I learned about in my class. Society has made us believe that having babies is dangerous for women when really, having babies is exactly what our bodies were designed to do! Either way, this new learning has only led Johnny to believe that I want a baby so bad right now.

Today I had the random thought about using cloth diapers and asked Johnny what his opinion was on the matter. I think cloth diapers would be a great idea because it would save us money from buying a new bag of diapers every week. And it would save on waste because we wouldn't be throwing the diaper out every time the baby gets it dirty. I think this is a genius idea, but as you can guess, it only makes my husband think that I am desperate to be a momma.

Personally, I think this is all just good planning on my part. We already know we're going to have kids one day, so why not start planning for it before it even happens? Yes, I do want a baby, but not today or within the next 9 months. I want to finish school and I am fine with waiting until I graduate before we take that next big step in our lives. It almost seems like there are tons of people we know having their first babies right now, and I am perfectly content to watch them go through the process and learn from their experiences before we do it for ourselves.

What do you think? Do I have baby fever? Or is this totally normal for a girl in my situation?

3 comments:

  1. its normalllll! i ask steve all the time about all this and more, but im fine with waiting too! i think its good to know what you want! :)

    My boss is in love with cloth diapers and she loves them P.S.

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So glad to know I'm not alone. And I'm glad to hear your boss likes cloth diapers. I would defs like to give them a try when we have kids.

      Delete
  2. Oh man... when I first saw this, I was all like !!!!!!!!??!??? (yes, that basically sums it up).

    Anyways, I think it's pretty normal to talk about it. Like Cora said, you want to know what you want beforehand.

    Of course, everything you say now could change when the time actually comes...but I'd say it's all part of the process. ;)

    PS. I would never do cloth diapers. I think there's be enough laundry without all those. And I wouldn't want nasty poopy diapers waiting around to be washed. No. But to each their own of course :D haha

    ReplyDelete