Monday, October 1, 2012

Catch 22

What's this??? It's my birthday today? Well, I should probably write something to celebrate!

Only greatness can be born on October 1st. Look who shares a birthday with me!

Julie Andrews - Musical greatness. Plus she's practically perfect in every way.

Jimmy Carter - 39th president of the United States. You've gotta be pretty awesome to be president. (Except then I don't know how Bush got in...)

Zach Galifianakis - Comical genius. I don't necessarily appreciate all his movies, but you gotta admit the man is hilarious!
King Henry III - He's a king, duh. How much more awesome can you get??


Zach Galifianakis - Though I don't appreciate all his movies, you gotta admit, the man's hilarious!

King Henry III - He's a king, duh! How much more awesome can you get?

I've turned 22 today, so I decided to share 22 things about me that you probably didn't know.

1. As a child I wanted to marry Raphael the ninja turtle.
2. Even though I'm all grown up and married now, I've contemplated getting a nightlight for our place because sometimes I'm afraid of the dark.
3. I have double-jointed elbows and I think they're gross.
4. I crack my knuckles even though people say it's bad for you.
5. I hate cats. But kittens are cute, so I hate them for trying to make me like them.
6. When I'm eating ice cream with a spoon sometimes I blow on it like I would for a spoonful of hot soup. And then I feel silly because ice cream isn't hot.
7. I have a slightly irrational fear of caterpillars.
8. I like to cut my grilled cheese diagonally.
9. God made georgia mud fudge blizzards just for me.
10. I pick up change on the street as long as it isn't a penny.
11. I have a bad habit of getting parking tickets.
12. Summer is my favourite season for the heat and it's a toss-up between fall and winter for my favourite pretty season.
13. I've recently noticed that I do this weird thing when I'm putting on sweaters or hoodies. As I'm about to put them over my head, I suck in some air and hold my breath until my head pops out the neck hole. I have no idea when this started because I've only noticed that I do it within the past month.
14. I play the violin. Did you know this? If you do, bravo, because I don't share that fact too often with others.
15. I cannot pick a favourite colour because I love all colours. The only requirement I have is that they are vibrant.
16. I hate scary movies. I blame them for making me afraid of the dark.
17. I looooove chocolate. But I don't like white chocolate. I guess I'm racist.
18. I think that men's feet are ugly. I haven't met a man who has nice looking feet.
19. I don't own a brush.
20. I am a very jumpy person and therefore easy to scare. (I probably shouldn't have shared that with some of you)
21. I love listening to classical music. My children will probably hate road trips with me because I listen to lame music. (Unless I raise them to love classical too!)
22. I've lived my whole life thinking I am an american citizen, but my mother has just recently informed that I was wrong. I'm full on Canadian!

4 comments:

  1. you can check out that American citizen thing, but I'm pretty sure it'd be really easy for you to actually live there or go to school there or work (yes you have a social security card) so whatever! But for sure you are HAWAIIAN!!! Check out your birth certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. It's alright. It happens to the best of us.
    4. Everyone says it...but I'm pretty sure it's not all that bad. Maybe.
    5. Cat hater.
    6. There there. Sometimes it can be especially cold so you just need to warm it up :D
    7. I have a more than slightly irrational fear of all crawling critters.
    8. Is there any other way?
    9. And Turtle Pecan Cluster blizzards for me ;)
    10. So does Scott. I'll pick up a loonie? :D
    11. At least it's not a bad habit of getting into accidents?
    14. I knew ;)
    15. And as long as it isn't green?
    16. Me too. You knew this.
    17. Well, white chocolate isn't really chocolate anyways.
    18. It's true...so so true.
    19. I own, but use not even once a month haha.
    20. Ya, people take advantage of this on me.... I'll die young.

    Thanks for the listy list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol @ 15. Yes! As long as it isn't green! But I can handle bluey greens. So I only have problems with straight green.

      Delete
  3. K well I have to say that slightly irrational is the biggest understatement of the universe to date.

    -Jonny-

    ReplyDelete