Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas = Awesome

H'okay, so holidays. Mine was awesome. Naturally, because I am awesome. And Johnny was home for the whole thing so that made it even awesomer.

It was the big dreaded first Christmas with the in-laws, but I've got some pretty good in-laws, so there was really nothing to worry about. We chilled with Johnny's family for Christmas eve and Christmas day. We watched movies, ate good food, had good times, it was great. My favourite present would have to be the booties Johnny got me. They are warm and fuzzy and wonderful. And they have grippies on the bottom! Awesome!

There was only one small downside to my holidays and that would be the part where I got the stomach flu while Johnny and I were visiting our friend on her family ranch. We were supposed to do all these awesome ranchey activities like quadding, riding horses, playing with cows, you know, all the sort of stuff farm kids do for fun. But instead I head to go spewing my brains out and doing you-know-what out the other end - it was not a pretty sight. So we ended up watching most of the first season of Heroes pretty much the whole time while we waited for my disease to pass. Our hosts were so great though. I was babied just like I would have been had I been home with my own parents. Johnny was great through the whole thing too. Every time I barfed he was right there holding my hair back and wiping the remnants off my face when I was done. How romantic.

New Years was pretty rad. We went to the YSA New Year's dance incognito because we weren't technically supposed to be there because we are no longer single. We're real rebels. The dance was pretty fun. We went over to our friend's house after to play some games and drink some radioactive kool-aid and we ended staying up way too late to be functional at church the next day.

All in all, Christmas was awesome, New Years was good, and what really made my holidays great was the fact that Johnny had 19 days off of work to spend with me. Now it's back to the grind stone and I am all ready to go for another semester.

1 comment: