Thursday, May 12, 2011

Look what i can do with no pants.

Well folks, I'm feeling particularly unmotivated to put pants on today so I decided to take advantage of it and post a little something.

Sidenote -- I went to bed without pants last night and when I woke up I never got around to putting any on. It's wonderful! TMI? Maybe. But no worries, I will be sure to put some on before I step out the door. Or before I go upstairs. Whatever comes first.

Moving on -- I've got a few exciting things to share with you all. I'm sure you'll be very happy for me if you haven't heard already...

I'm getting married!! To Johnny. Duh. I suppose that since I'm gonna be marrying the guy you should at least get to know his real name.

Wait. Nope. I change my mind. He is my Johnny Lingo and that is how he will stay on the blog. (Besides, if you know me in real life, you most likely know Johnny in real life too). Sorry folks, but the number one rule of any superhero is never wear a cape because it can get caught in things and kill you. And the number two rule is always protect your loved ones.

Tee hee, I have a loved one.

Anyway, I suppose you want to hear all about the proposal and whatnot? Good, cause it's a good one.

First he had to ask dad's permission and boy was he nervous. But it was cute. What he did was he went out and bought 48 cans of pineapple and 2 real ones. Then he printed off 50 little cow pictures and taped them to each can and pineapple. Then he brought them over to my house while I was at school one day and my parents were at home. Then he started taking them out one by one and when my parents saw the little cow pictures, they had a pretty good idea of what was going on. (If you don't know the backstory here, you need to read my first post about Johnny and then you need to watch this little movie (it's been split into three parts that you can find here. here. and here.) and you will get it) Anywho, once all the cows were on the table he gave my parents his speel talking about how we love each other very much and how we'd like to get married but with their blessing first. I'm told that my dad put on his typical tough-guy-father face and my mom put on her I'm-so-happy-I-could-cry face. My mom gave him instant approval and dad said no but then mom smacked him and he changed his answer.

So that's the permission part. The proposal was much more exciting.

We went skydiving. No joke. It was pretty wicked. He went first and then I went after Johnny. When I landed on the ground he gave me a hug, got down on one knee and proposed with a watermelon as the jewelery box. Naturally, I said yes and everybody went home happy. You should see my ring! It's so pretty and shiny. I got to wear it for a day and I couldn't take my eyes off it. It's been sent away to be resized now and I have a very nice Walmart substitute for the time being but I want my opal ring!

Pictures will be coming soon, but right now I've gotta go get some pants on.

3 comments:

  1. It's so crazy.... congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leinani!!! Just read this...that is soooo cuuuteee!!! Mushy and all......allow me...AWWWW!! haha....congrats once again girl!! Can't wait to see the ring!

    ReplyDelete