Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today's blog has been brought to you by...

Recently I've felt the need to blog. But I've been at a lack of things to say. I'm pretty good at going off on a tangent about random subjects so I asked my good friend, Jules, to give me something to talk about. And here it is:

Yellow.

I know I've mentioned that I don't have a favourite colour because I love them all (except green, sorry Trudy), but yellow has always had a special place in my heart. Generally I love warm colours the most, but yellow is the best because red is always associated with romance, which makes me barf; and orange, while it is bright and cheerful, can also be slightly obnoxious.

But yellow. Yellow is a happy colour and instantly brings a smile to my face. Except when it's a lemon, that brings a pucker, but think about it. The sun is yellow. The sun brings life. And life is - awesome. The sun is warm and and bright. And when it's sunny, I turn brown. What's not to love???

Here are a few of my favourite yellow things:


Yellow gum boots.

There was a girl in my high school who used to wear yellow gum boots all the time and it made me so happy. I used to have my own pair of yellow bootish type things, but then they got a crack in the heel, so now they are no more.


Dandelions.


I know they aren't the prettiest flowers, but when I was a kid I used make dandelion bouquets for my mom all the time, so it brings me happy memories. I hope my future kids will do the same thing for me.


Pineapple.

For some reason, when I was a kid, I wasn't a huge fan of pineapples. Now that I'm older, I love it! Usually when there's a fruit tray with pineapple on it, I will only eat the pineapple. Plus I've got a great story with pineapples to share with you. But I'll save that for another post...

1 comment:

  1. im a little sad that the yellow poweranger is not in these pics of yellowness lol im sure she holds a special place in your heart well mostly cuz i was always the pink one lol
    :P

    ReplyDelete