Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Nose Knows

Have you ever been walking behind someone and had their perfume or colonge (or BO, ugh) waft back to you? You take in a few deep breaths and you like what you smell so you follow them around for a bit. And then it always gets awkward when you follow for too long and they realize what you're doing...

Today I was walking behind a guy and he smelled pretty good. Except something was wrong. I was probably a good 10 feet behind this guy and I could smell his cologne perfectly. How did he smell that strongly?? Did he shower in cologne this morning?

He was walking a bit faster than me so there was a point where he got out of my view because he turned a corner, but I could still smell him! I bet I could have gone blood hound on that guy and followed him around all morning.

But why did he have so much cologne on? Maybe he's actually a really smelly guy and so he's trying to mask his smell with something else. But that's what a shower is for is it not? And I mean a real shower with real water and body wash - not cologne.

So my friends, if you think you might have an offensive odor about you, don't mask the smell with pretty perfumes or colognes. Try a shower. And then maybe a spritz of your favourite smell. You don't want your smell to be a smack in the nose for someone else, whether it's good or bad.

1 comment: