Friday, March 11, 2011

going from a social butterfly back to the cocoon

You know that girl that stops hanging out with all her friends once she gets a boyfriend? You know the one I'm talking about: one day you two are hanging out, having a great time and all of a sudden you realize it's been over a month since you've seen or heard from her and it's because she's spent most of her time with her boyfriend. Don't you hate girls like that? Well don't hate too much because I think I'm turning into one of those girls.


Don't get me wrong, when me and Johnny first started dating, we were always hanging out with my friends. We were hardly alone! But now that he's got this job with the oil company that puts him up north for 2 weeks at a time, things have changed.


When Johnny's gone I rarely go out to see people anymore. I just spend most of my time with other commitments like school, church and rugby. Which I guess isn't a bad thing. After all, my grades are looking pretty good right about now with all the studying I've been doing (just wait until I finish my second round of midterms and quizzes). And in the 6 weeks that Johnny was gone, I got a role in the play my ward was putting on and we performed it for the first time just last week (it was hilarious!). And I'm feeling pretty dang good about myself too since I've been hitting the gym almost everyday.

Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit when I say that I never see people while he's gone... I just don't go out looking for people - I let them come to me.

1 comment:

  1. I find that everyone does this when the relationship gets serious :P

    ReplyDelete