Saturday, February 5, 2011

I couldn't avoid the sparkles forever

Okay, don't freak out. But do you remember that one post where I wrote about what I want for my future wedding? Well this post is kind of related to that.

No, I am NOT engaged!! Sheesh, you people need to chill out.

But I have been looking at rings.

No, Johnny and I are NOT planning on getting married!! And trust me, you guys would not be the first people I'd tell. No offence.

I was just surfing on the interwebs a couple days ago and I ran across an ad for engagement rings. And like any other woman who is attracted to sparkley/shiny things, I looked it up. And I've been looking at rings ever since. I guess it's just so I could get an idea of what I like in a ring. There is just so much variety, it's hard to narrow it down, but I do know that I do not want white gold.

White gold is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. The thing I hate about it is: it looks like silver, yet you pay the price for gold. If you're going to spend more money buying a gold priced ring, it had better look like gold! How annoying would it be if one your friends was admiring your white-gold jewellery and said,

"Wow, that silver bracelet is adorable!"

"Actually it's white gold. Friends off."

Now fake gold, that's a whole other story...

3 comments:

  1. I like my white gold. Gold gold dosnt look good on my skin. Uhave dark skin so gold gold will look good! Just remember, you can design your own too and its about the same amount. I miss u so im glad u do these posts. I read everyone of them

    Cor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my yellow gold ring. Yellow gold never goes out of style but white gold does. You don't have to have gold rings rhodium plated every so iften to keep it looking good either! And who HASEN'T looked at rings when they weren't engaged??

    ReplyDelete
  3. just ran across this and I SOOOOO agree Nani!! Looks just like silver.... that goes for platinum... like really? But again, everyone has a preference and myself, I'm a yellow gold girl :-)

    ReplyDelete