Friday, February 18, 2011

Wake-Up Call

Have you ever had one of those dreams where someone close to you hurts you? And then when you wake up the next morning, you're still mad at them for hurting you in your dream? Or you feel awkward when you see them the next day because the dream you had about them was really wierd?

I get that all the time. And Johnny makes fun of me for it because he always reminds me that it was just a dream!

I don't know what it is, but it seems to only happen to women. Maybe it's because we're more emotional than men so when we experience emotion in a dream, the left overs are still affecting us when we wake up.

Last night I had a dream that Bindi died (my dog, not Steve Irwin's daughter). I don't remember how it happened, but she saved my family somehow and contracted this awful disease where all her insides turned to water and then my mom had to put her out of her misery by throwing her against a concrete wall. Morbid, I know, but we were all miserable that she was gone because she had saved our lives.

So when I saw her this morning I was so happy to see her that I scooped her up and held on to her for a long time. And then she squirmed out of my arms and ran away.

So much for being a hero-dog.

1 comment:

  1. typically Bindi. You know she LOVES you, right?

    ReplyDelete