Friday, September 3, 2010

15. Learn to Drive a Standard

First, let me give a little background on why I put this goal on my 101.

I've always wanted to go on the show, Amazing Race, and if you've never seen it, it's a reality tv competition where 11 teams of people race around the world and they travel to all these different countries and the winners get a million dollars. In most countries, they're provided with vehicles to get themselves around and they always get standards. And some of the teams lose a lot of ground because they can't drive standards. So I figure if I ever want to compete in the Amazing Race, I have to be able to drive a standard.

Johnny gave me my first standard lesson a couple days ago and I was such a nervous wreck. But I didn't crash and that's the important thing. We just drove around my block and went on a busier street for a bit and then learned how to reverse in a parking lot. I got a cookie ice cream sammich as my reward. Next lesson: highway driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment