Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Love what you've got!

Stop! Watch this video. Then move on.


Ladies, we all need to love our bodies no matter what our size. If you are in good health and your body can function properly and do the things you need it to, then you can be happy with the body you have.

I am 5'8" and a size 12. I have a curvy figure and I will never have a gap between my thighs. I probably won't have as nice a shape as I have forever, but I'm okay with that. I love my body, come what may!

Whether you are straight or curvy, round or thin, tall or short, black or white or red or green -- you shouldn't have to feel like you aren't enough!

I've met women who have the "model look", but still criticize everything they see in the mirror. And then I've met women who you will never find on a catwalk, but are more comfortable in their skin than anyone I know. It really doesn't matter how you measure up to magazine standards, it only matters how you measure up to your own.

We all have insecurities. Every single one of us. There are some days that I look around and feel like everyone else looks good but me. But when I stop comparing myself to others and stop trying to be just like everyone else, that's when I can look in the mirror and like what I see. You can do it too. Just because you aren't skinny like your pretty friend doesn't mean you can't be pretty too.

We can all be pretty. We can all be beautiful.

1 comment: