Friday, May 31, 2013

All is Well

I don't have to go into the clinic until the afternoon today, so I've spent the morning chilling in bed with Joe. He's been put on nights for this shift so he went to work last night and got in around 8 this morning. He's sleeping right next to me as I type in bed.

If I hadn't decided to move up here for the summer this would not be happening right now. Joe would be up here by himself while I would be back home doing who knows what. This was such a good idea.

Things have been good here in GP. For Joe's first shift with me here he ended up getting sent down to the states for nearly the whole thing. I was feeling pretty bummed out about it by the middle of his shift, but then I  stopped moping and got busy.

I love working in the physio clinic I'm at. I get to see clients with my mentor, T, everyday and every case is so different that I couldn't possibly be bored doing this job. T is really great. She's good at getting me involved and testing my knowledge. My anatomy is a little rusty, but she's patient with me. It was nerve racking the first time she left me alone with a patient to do a couple simple exercises. But I'm slowly getting more comfortable and gaining a little confidence. Yesterday I helped a guy find his hips. It sounds silly, but he really had no idea how to move them.

I'm also having fun at the rugby club here in GP. There aren't nearly as many girls here as there are back home, so we do a lot of work with the guys. The men's coach makes a huge emphasis on fitness which is good because by the time I played my first game I wasn't dying like I thought I would be. There's a good group of people here at the club. I'm having fun playing with them. Joe's even made it out to a couple practices, which is awesome!

Basically, things are good for me right now. I know I made a good decision to come here because I am happy. I miss my family and my friends, but not as much as I thought I would. (no offence! I still love you all!) My first month has flown by and I am really enjoying myself.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update, glad you're enjoying yourself! :D

    ReplyDelete