Friday, February 22, 2013

My head is filled with a ball of wire.

Yesterday while I was working I was introduced to a comedian named Mark Gungor via youtube. And in the video I watched he talked about the differences between men's and women's brains.

This is what I learned from him:

Men 
  • Men's brains are filled with boxes. And within each box is a subject. When a man is having a conversation he pulls out a specific box and discusses the contents of that box and only that box. When he is done he closes the box and carefully puts it back, making sure it doesn't touch any of the other boxes. 
  • It is very important that none of the boxes touch each other.
Women
  • Women's brains are very different from men's brains. We all know this, I'm sure. Unlike men, women's brains are filled with a giant ball of wire in which everything is entangled. 
  • This means that when women have conversations they have a tendency to jump from one subject to another. And by the end of the conversation they're asking themselves, "How did we get to this???"
I have a woman's brain, indeed. 

The other night Joe and I were having a conversation as we often do. He asked if I was going to play with the rugby club in Grande Prairie while we're up there this summer. 

I said: "Mm, maybe, I'll have to see when I'm up there." There was a pause. "Did you know the Cheesecake Cafe is closed?"

Clearly, my husband is used to my abrupt changes in subject because he did not miss a beat. But later I had to ask myself how exactly I'd gotten onto that train of thought. And I'll tell you.

Start: "Are you going to play rugby while we're in Grande Prairie?"


First I thought of the possibility of me playing rugby in Grande Prairie which led me to think that I'd have to dig up my cleats and bring them with me if I choose to play. 

Thinking about finding my cleats made me think that I'll probably have to buy new cleats anyway because the ones I have are starting to get torn up. 

Thinking of buying new cleats made me dread spending a ton of money on something I probably won't use very often. So then I thought that I would just have to wait for a good deal on cleats. 

But then I remembered that we have a store credit at Sportchek and so I could probably use that to buy me some cleats. 
Thinking of our gift card made me think of my aunt who had a 20 dollar gift certificate for the Cheesecake Cafe, but now she was frustrated because she wouldn't be able to redeem it now that the restaurant is no longer running. 


Which made me wonder if Joseph knew they were closed because he'd recently mentioned how we needed to go there soon for dessert.

Finish: "Did you know the Cheesecake Cafe is closed??"

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My brain is exactly like that. It drives me crazy :(

    ReplyDelete