Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Always on My Guard.

Tonight I took my brother to basketball practice because I am a good big sister.

As I was driving home I noticed a certain car kept taking the same turns as I did. I put some distance between us hoping that I would lose the car eventually in the evening traffic.

Unfortunately, Lethbridge doesn't get much traffic, so they stayed hot on my trail.

I started to panic the closer I got to home. There was no way I was gonna let these guys know where I live. The safety of my family was at stake!

Thinking quickly I made a right turn and sped up to take the next turn immediately after. As I drove along the dark street, I held my breath as I watched for my pursuer in the rear view mirror.

1 second... 2 second... 3 seconds passed...

Then I saw him. He drove right by the street I turned onto and I breathed a sigh of relief.

As I pulled into the driveway I considered the odds of whether that person would have actually been following me. He probably wasn't.

Either way, it made for an interesting drive home.

2 comments:

  1. ANOTHER post! Look at you go. And I think we all do this. If they're on your trail for more than 5 minutes, clearly they're following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for justifying my paranoia. When I'm behind someone and just happen to be going the same place they are, I always guess that they're probably thinking I'm following them.

      Delete