Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had some great New Year's Celebrations and they were safe in whatever they were doing.

Christmas was good too, nice and relaxing! We spent Christmas with my family this year and it was nice to spend a few days at my parent's house. I have to tell you about the gift I got for my mom because I am just so proud of myself. 

I found this software made by Roxio that converts old VHS movies to digital format so you can burn it onto a DVD. It's called Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus. Yeah, a mouthful, I know. So what I've been doing is converting our old family videos and putting them on DVDs for my mom. I just gave her one DVD to begin with, but now that the hubby is gone I've started up the process again so that I'll hopefully have all the videos converted before school starts up next week.

With the New Year I've come to a decision. I've decided that I am going to stop referring to my husband as Johnny on the blog because I've grown tired of it and feel ready to move on. His name is Joseph, and that is what I will call him here from now on. In case you didn't know, I introduced him on the blog by calling him Johnny Lingo because of the pineapples he brought over when we first started going out.  

Speaking of the New Year, have any of you made New Year's resolutions? Or do you even believe in them at all? I've made resolutions on and off before and I am always terrible with keeping them. However, starting this blog was part of a new year's resolution, so I guess I'm still doing alright with that. 

Joe (my husband, remember?) and I haven't made any resolutions this year, but we've decided to try something else instead. We decided to come up with a family theme for us to focus on for the year and maybe we'll throw in some monthly goals to work on later, but for January we're just focusing on the theme. I even got all gung ho and made a little picture using google docs. So here is our theme and goal for the year:


1 comment:

  1. First off, it was great to see you (and sing with you, of course!) as per ush. Second, that's a great gift for your mom - good job ;) Third, yay - Hi Joseph (almost said Johnny -.- duh...). And lastly, great idea. You're awesome and I love reading your blog :) (sorry, I've been catching up...)

    ReplyDelete