Wednesday, January 30, 2013

From conceited to self conscious in a matter of seconds

As I walked across the parking lot today, a couple drove by me in a car. I saw them both look at me, but then the girl who was the passenger turned around to watch me as they drove away. I was slightly weirded out, but as I continued along my way, I figured that she had to have that second look with one of two thoughts running through her head:

1. "woah, that girl is pretty!" To which I say, "why thank you, but sorry, I'm already incredibly taken."

OR

2. "Oh. My. Gosh. What on earth is she wearing? I could look better than her any day of the week. That girl is a complete disgrace to feminism." To which I say, "Yeah I know."

I have such a hard time making myself look good after a workout. Especially when the morning workouts are right before class so then I don't have time to shower so I can put on some nice clothes. I've seen some girls on my team manage to salvage their sweaty hair and bods to get themselves looking presentable, but I couldn't bother. Even on the days when workouts are done early enough for me to shower, all I ever do is throw on a shirt with some yoga pants and put some leave-in conditioner in my hair to keep it from poofing everywhere. 

But luckily today, half my team was wearing sweats after our workout. It's almost as if we're saying, "On Wednesdays, we wear pink sweats." ;D  

2 comments:

  1. Hah. I'm sure she thought you were hot. That's the most logical explanation.
    But as for looking nice after workouts (without showering)...it's hard. Completely understandable...

    ReplyDelete