Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Don't go stealing my power... or my toilet.

You know what grinds my gears? (I'm not even bothering with an introductory preamble, I'm just jumping right to the point. That's how ground my gears are)

I hate it when I'm looking for a place to plug in my lap top and I walk by someone who's sitting by a plug in and they're using their laptop, but IT'S NOT PLUGGED IN!! I hate it when someone without a laptop is sitting by an outlet too, but they don't have a laptop, so they don't know what it's like to base your choice of study spot on where the nearest outlet is. They don't know any better.

But someone with a laptop knows. They know what it's like to be working on your computer and to see your battery meter shrink smaller and smaller and the sudden urge you have to find a plug-in. I don't have that luxury anymore. My poor battery has lived its life and it can no longer function for more than 10 minutes without life support - I mean - an electrical outlet.

So to see someone sitting near a plugin I need with their laptop on their lap not being plugged in is like a cruel joke. It's like they're saying, "haha, look at me! I can work on my laptop without needing to plug it in because it's new and expensive and young and beautiful and BETTER THAN YOURS!".

It's like being hit by the sudden urge to go to the bathroom and you run around looking for a bathroom and when you find one, you can't use it cause it's already in use. But the person inside isn't even doing anything because they just wanted a spot to sit and read the newspaper!

That's why I love the newly renovated pool observatory at the school. They put in more plug-ins. More plug-ins! Finally, something the university has done that makes my life better.

Now I've just got to find a vacant bathroom and my life would be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment