Wednesday, November 9, 2011

better than gold

As you may or may not know, the Pronghorns went to Nationals again. And we placed 4th for the second year in a row.

Really, to be ranked nationally at fourth place is pretty good. But after winning gold 3 years in a row, people tend to judge us a little more critically for getting 4th. It is sooo annoying when people find out I play for the rugby team and they say,

fan: "You guys are awesome! You won gold this year, didn't you?"

me: "Well, no. We placed fourth this year, but we played some solid games and we're proud of what we did."

fan: "You mean you didn't win?? Why not? I thought you guys were supposed to be the best!"

me: "We are the best. Have you seen any other UofL teams going to Nationals? I didn't think so."

To me, it doesn't matter that we didn't win nationals again this year because I seriously feel like this is the best team in the world. Besides, we're gonna take it next year - just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment