Thursday, November 25, 2010

Winter Wonderland

With the all the cold weather we've been having lately here in Alberta you would think that I of all people would be locked up in my house hidden under a warm pile of blankets. But it is not so! Life goes on in the frozen wasteland that I call home.

I feel like with all the snow, there's been so much more to do. With the arrival of all our snow, a whole bunch of things comes with it. And so I give you my list of my favourite things about winter:

- Touques! I had to break out my winter jacket last week as well as my mittens and my lovely variety of touques. My current favourite is an old ski touque that my grandpa used to wear. It's awesome because it has the Canadian flag on it.

- Hot chocolate. mmm, mmm. What better way to have your chocolate than in liquid form? I am a master at making hot chocolate. I love experimenting and finding new ways to make my favourite drink even better.

- Winter boots. And I don't mean the fashionable ones that go in and out of style (like uggs, UGH!). I mean the classic, ever practical SorelsI've found that the key to staying warm is to keep my feet warm and sometimes the cutesy little boots I own just don't cut it. I honestly love wearing the big clunky winter boots that go out of style once you leave elementary school.

- Toboganning! I may not be a huge fan of ice-skating and I may have never been snowboarding or skiing before, but I love toboganning. It's fun, it's cheap and it has so many great childhood memories attached.

- Ice fishing. Johnny was shocked when he learned that I love ice fishing. He figured that since I'm Tongan I would avoid the snow at all costs. All I can do is blame my dad. Nothing can keep him from fishing, not even minus 30 weather. He's dragged me out every winter since I was a little girl and now it's become tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment