Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Break From Rugby

You guys must be getting sick of only hearing me blab about my rugby business. Sorry, it's kind of taken over my life.

But good news! I have some non-rugby related things to talk about today.

As some of you may or may not know, one of your favourite tongans has had a birfday (Pfft, yeah cause you have more than one). Yes! Me! I've had a birfday! I have left the familiar groove of teenage-hood and have entered the twenties.

You are now reading the blog of a twenty year old. Oh barf, that sounds so boring. Maybe I'll look into getting a snazzy new design as a present to you.

But anyway! You must hear about what I did for my birfday. I mean, I've only been talking about it since Johnny and I became an item.

We went down to Vancouver for the weekend and saw Jack Johnson in concert. It was so awesome! We arrived in the coastal city on Friday morning and spent most of the day in Chinatown and exploring other parts of the city. We grabbed a bite to eat at this little Indian restaurant called Sitar (which counts as #66 on my 101). Then we went back to the hotel, grabbed our things and went off to the show.

If any of you have heard of Jack Johnson before, you'd know his music is pretty chill. So naturally, his concert was pretty chill too (and the fact that pot was being smoked everywhere probably added to the chillness of it all). But he put on a great show. He played a good mix of the favourites as well as some new ones from his latest cd which I love anyway. My favourite part was when he encored with a group of songs he wrote about/for his wife. He's so awesome! I'm just sad that I didn't end up marrying him after the concert. Maybe next time...

Technically the the concert wasn't the end of our adventure in the latest Olympic City, but really, it was. We were staying with a friend of Johnny's who lives in Surrey, an hour outside of Vancouver, so we didn't end up getting to her place until late, late, late Friday night. We slept in the next morning until 11 and chilled around the house for most of the day. We went out for sushi that night, but that was all the excitement we had on Saturday. And Sunday just consisted of us taking a plane home and arriving in L-town just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

I'll probably upoad some photos. But later. Cause I'm lazy and it seems to take forever. Maybe one of these days I'll take my laptop to school with me and upload photos while I study. Look at me being all smart!

Anyway, til next time,
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment