Monday, January 9, 2017

2016 Review

Fun fact, it's been 7 years since I started this blog. The last few years have been pretty slow here, but I'm glad I've kept it going. This year I'll try to post more frequently. Maybe. If not, it may just look similar to what I've been doing lately. Updating you on my life several months at a time. Ha. 

Previous quiz reviews: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I said I was going to come up with a theme for the year, but we never really did. This year I've already chosen what our theme will be. "I do not boast in my own strength, as to my own strength I am weak, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things." 

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Joe's sister Katee had a baby girl in May and we were so excited! Now we're just waiting for my brother's little boy to be born any day now. But it's 2017 already, so really I shouldn't even bring it up on this 2016 review ;P UPDATE: Since I first started writing this post, he was born! January 4th, 2017. I can't wait to meet him!
Astrid and baby Leicee


3. Did anyone close to you die?
My Gramma Mele passed away in June. My biggest regret is that I didn't know her better.

4. What countries did you visit?
No countries. We are lame.

5. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A sibling for Astrid! But if I can't have that, then I want to play some rugby.

6. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
I can't remember specific dates, but my brother Keanu came home from his mission in May. And in July we went on a great trip to Cherry Grove to visit a bunch of Joe's friends and it was great.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Last year I did a 12k mud run and came in last. This year I did the 7k option, trained for it, and did it in 88 minutes! I was pretty pleased. Like last year I also made another stocking like the one I made for Astrid, but this time it was for Joe because the first one I made him was ugly, ha.

8. What was your biggest failure?
There's a few people I wanted to have over for dinner that I never got around to inviting them for it. I wish I was more on the ball about that.  

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Joe had a pretty good ankle sprain in November, but he's bounced back from it pretty quickly in typical Joe-fashion. As for myself and Astrid, there was nothing major. NO WAIT! In the first week of November I got like, 1 or 2 nosebleeds nearly everyday! And then it happened again for a few days after Christmas! I had to carry around tampons with me in case my nose decided to leak on me.

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Joe got me an ukulele for Christmas and I love it. A good friend also got me a beautiful watercolor of the Cardston temple for my birthday and it was so thoughtful! I plan to put it up with my Jesus picture and a print of our family theme.  

11. Where did most of your money go?
We paid off the Jeep, so there was that.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Whenever they released a new sneak peek for Moana I lost my crap. And then there was the time I found out my brother and his wife are having a baby, that was awesome. We're still waiting on the little guy to arrive! (Update, no we're not waiting anymore. He's here!)


13. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Try Everything from Zootopia. And PPAP.




14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) fatter or skinnier? Skinnier?? Mayyybe? Meh, I'm mostly the same.
c) richer or poorer? The same.


15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Journalling. With a rambunctious toddler it can be hard to find a quiet moment to keep a journal.


16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bleeding, ha ha.


17. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Not with anyone new.


18. What was your favourite TV program?
I watched Community again. And I watched the final season of Downton Abbey. Joe and I discovered The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and we loved it.


19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.  


20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ukutabs! They're great for learning how to play the ukulele.  


21. What was your favourite film of this year?
MOANA. My whole year was just spent waiting for that movie to hit theatres. We have watched A LOT of Zootopia in our house though. And the new Jungle Book. And over Christmas Astrid discovered Finding Dory and that was a hit too.


22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I watched General Conference and had a friend join me for the afternoon session. Joe was out of town that weekend so it was pretty quiet. But, like I said, I got a nice watercolor print of the Cardston temple and I totally wasn't expecting it. Thanks, Angie!


23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not much, we had a pretty good year. Unlike the rest of the world... Sorry.


24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Trying not to look hideous.


25. What kept you sane?
Joe, running, Astrid (when she's not being crazy), Volleyball!, and finally making time to go to the gym.


26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dwayne the Freaking Rock Johnson. I've always had a thing for him and now the rest of the world agrees with me (Sexiest Man Alive!)
I'll just leave this here 
27. Who do you miss?
My family as usual. But it's not as bad a feeling as it was when we first moved here. We'd love to be closer to them, but we also enjoy being where we are.


28. Who was the best new person you met?
This new couple moved into the ward over the summer and just as Joe and I were getting to know them, the husband lost his job and they had to leave to find a new one. I was really bummed because the wife was the first person that I've really clicked with in a long time. Sigh.


29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
Stay humble, be honest and choose kindness over bitterness.

No comments:

Post a Comment