Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brace yourselves...

Valentine's Day is fast approaching.


Are you ready for it?

I've been single for many a V Day and more recently, I've also been with Joe for 3 (this year will be our fourth). Either way, I've never been much of a fan of Valentine's day, so I always choose to celebrate my best friend's birthday instead.

But this year is different. This year I'm actually looking forward to V Day. Well, sort of.

Joe is going to be away working on the 14th, so I will still hate the actual day itself. But when he comes home, I'm excited to celebrate. (No! Not that! Get your minds out of the gutter.)

This year I went out and bought Joe an awesome gift which I will have to tell you about later because I don't want him to read this and ruin the surprise. And I can't wait to give it to him. (okay now everything I write I keep thinking of it as a double entendre, gahhhh)

Moving on.

Joe says that I've never bought him a Valentine's gift before, which at first I protested, but after thinking about it I realized that this really is the first year I've gotten him a gift. In my defence, I just honestly had no idea what to get him. The man hates chocolate and that's about all the stores are pushing in your face for Valentine's day. Either that or jewellery and Joe's not a huge fan of that either. And then there's the cheesy stuffed animals with the lame hearts all over them and there is no way I'm getting one of those for him.
Ugh. See what I mean? Barf. 
Ooh! He might like this though. Gah, stop it. 
But this year I found some inspiration and got him something nice that I think he will like. Now that I have something to give him I'm actually looking forward to celebrating the holiday for once. 

So what are your thoughts? Do you love V Day or hate it? Or are you indifferent?

1 comment:

  1. Reading back on this I had trouble remembering what it was that I got him! For future reference, it was dress shoes. Joe had commented that he needed new dress shoes so I went out and got him some! They are very snappy.

    ReplyDelete