Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh the irony

I am positive - absolutely certain - that once I wrote my post about why I don't have a car, the universe set itself to conspire against me and make me eat my words. Then I wrote another post whining about how Johnny won't be home for the rest of April; and I am gladly eating my words on that one too.

So yes, that means that Johnny and I have bought another car. I was completely opposed to the idea at first, trust me, but I had to break down because so did the clutch on our first baby.

Here's the story:

Johnny came home this week for an unexpected week off. And with him he brought our car, Lupe (pronounced LOOP-ay). Turns out the clutch had been acting up on him all the way home so we talked to a mechanic to diagnose the problem.

The mechanic told us she could be fixed for a resonable price and we were relieved until we discovered she couldn't be fixed until next week. Johnny had to leave for work before then so we weren't sure what we should do.

We weighed our options, explored our avenues, toyed with ideas, and in the end, decided to buy another car.

So we've bought ourselves a 2007 Nissan Versa. She's been good so far, and will earn her stars once she survives her trip up to Grande Prairie with Johnny this month. I've decided to name her Ronnie - short for Veronica.

As for Lupe, she's staying home with me for now and will be going into the shop on Tuesday. I still don't know how I feel about having a car, but I must admit, it's nice to be able to go out for groceries whenever I want and to have the freedom to go where I want without having to mooch a ride off someone first.

1 comment: